Saturday, September 4, 2010

Your mind is not necessary to run your life!

When we can trust that there is an intelligence much larger than ourselves that is qualified to run our life, then at that moment we can truly experience immediate liberation. Our mind is just like an uncontrollable, unruly child running amok. It needs a serious "time out". This is what I like to call meditation, a  mini vacation from all the mindless chatter. Meditation can provide all sorts of positive solutions for life's common problems from stress, anger, worries, fears and deeply buried emotions. I had been suffering from all these things for many years with an insatiable quest for some sort of relief with no such luck. Then the breeze blew in and his name is Paramahamsa Nithyanada. I was fortunate enough to attend one of his programs called Kalpataru in Los Angeles. This is where I learned the dynamic meditation called Nithya Dhyaan. Nithya Dhyaan is a 35 minute dynamic meditation consisting of 5 parts , 7 minutes each. I like to refer to this meditation as giving your mind and body a "tune up" just like you would your car. It is designed to silence the mental chatter, release engraved memories and energize you body and mind. After doing this meditation I immediately noticed a drop in my anxiety and a sense of overall calmness. This was all I needed stay actively involved in doing because I was effectively receiving results. Do yourself a favor for a better quality of life start meditating!

No comments:

Post a Comment